Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remapping Keys

Is anyone using Karabiner to remap Mac keys (Keychron K4 keyboard, Mac Mini, Catalina? If so, please reply...I have a question about using the app. Thank you.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 4:40 PM

Thank you very much for replying. I just bought a KeyChron K4 keyboard (it’s terrific) and the layout is a bit different from the standard 104 keys.

I want to exchange two keys — the problem is with Karbiner if I change one key to the other function (num/clear to a small del key), when I then try to change the del key (original one) to the new num/clear, it actually changes the del Key I just created.

I looked at Ukulele (I actually installed it), but it look too complicated for me. Is there an easy-to-understand tutorial for it?

I’ve attached a copy of the K4 layout for you to see.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2020 4:40 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thank you very much for replying. I just bought a KeyChron K4 keyboard (it’s terrific) and the layout is a bit different from the standard 104 keys.

I want to exchange two keys — the problem is with Karbiner if I change one key to the other function (num/clear to a small del key), when I then try to change the del key (original one) to the new num/clear, it actually changes the del Key I just created.

I looked at Ukulele (I actually installed it), but it look too complicated for me. Is there an easy-to-understand tutorial for it?

I’ve attached a copy of the K4 layout for you to see.

Remapping Keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.