Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo’s in iMESSAGE can’t fine button to do this on my iPad

I cannot insert a photo in iMessage from my iPad pro. . . .but I can on my iPhone

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 11:28 AM

You don't insert a photo directly from the Camera. If you are in Messages and tap on the camera icon, then take the photo and you will see Done in the upper corner. Tap that and it will insert the photo. If you are in Messages and already have a photo in the Recents that you wish to put in the message, then you will tap on the Photos icon in the app drawer.

If you tap on the gray App Store icon, it opens the drawer, you can see the Photos app icon in the far left. The camera icon I was referring to earlier is the one to the left there. All of them are inside the red circle.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 11:28 AM in response to karen jean

You don't insert a photo directly from the Camera. If you are in Messages and tap on the camera icon, then take the photo and you will see Done in the upper corner. Tap that and it will insert the photo. If you are in Messages and already have a photo in the Recents that you wish to put in the message, then you will tap on the Photos icon in the app drawer.

If you tap on the gray App Store icon, it opens the drawer, you can see the Photos app icon in the far left. The camera icon I was referring to earlier is the one to the left there. All of them are inside the red circle.

Feb 15, 2020 10:51 AM in response to karen jean

You should be able to select the same button on the iPad, that looks like the App Store button to the left of the message area. What are you seeing there? It should look exactly the same as the iPhone, only larger. Once you tap on that gray button, the app drawer should appear and the Photo icon should be in the list. While Photo cannot be deleted from that list, try tapping the More button (...) and see if it shows on that list.

Photo’s in iMESSAGE can’t fine button to do this on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.