Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem shooting video on iPhone at night.

When switching from photo to video mode, the brightness of the image on the video decreases during shooting. When watching a video, the image is normal and everything is visible. When you return to photo mode, the image becomes normal. There are no physical damages on the device. This issue appears on all of my iOS devices. I think this is a software bug. The software version is the latest. Help me please.

iPhone SE

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 8:15 AM

Hey there DenisSoldatov, 

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are having some problems recording video when in low-light conditions. 

It sounds like the video appears correct when played, but that the display of your iPhone appears to dim when changing the camera to Video mode.

Are you using the default Camera app, or a different app?

You can learn more about recording video using the default Camera app via the resource below.

Have a good one!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 8:15 AM in response to DenisSoldatov

Hey there DenisSoldatov, 

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are having some problems recording video when in low-light conditions. 

It sounds like the video appears correct when played, but that the display of your iPhone appears to dim when changing the camera to Video mode.

Are you using the default Camera app, or a different app?

You can learn more about recording video using the default Camera app via the resource below.

Have a good one!

Problem shooting video on iPhone at night.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.