Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos are great but photos are dull and much darker. No vibrant colors

The images on iphone 12 pro max are much less vibrant and overall image is very dark in compare to stunning videos. Due to this I realized that I am not taking any pictures since I purchase 12 pro max and take only videos.

I tried turning on and off HDR settings but nothing helps. The results from video and photo are not comparable.

I saw another topic posted by different user and the same topic was supported by 104 people and there is no solution from Apple.

Is this a defect? Should we request a replacement?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 11:37 PM

Take videos with your iPhone camera

1. Choose Video mode.
  2. Tap the Record button or press either volume button to start recording. While recording, you can do the following: Press the white Shutter button to snap a still photo. Pinch the screen to zoom in and out. ... 
  3. Tap the Record button or press either volume button to stop recording.

Take videos with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

I take tips from here too. --> Tutorials | iPhone Photography School

Learn, create, and be inspired. Join hands-on sessions happening every day at the Apple Store. Find Today at Apple sessions near you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 11:37 PM in response to ISA AYDIN

Take videos with your iPhone camera

1. Choose Video mode.
  2. Tap the Record button or press either volume button to start recording. While recording, you can do the following: Press the white Shutter button to snap a still photo. Pinch the screen to zoom in and out. ... 
  3. Tap the Record button or press either volume button to stop recording.

Take videos with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

I take tips from here too. --> Tutorials | iPhone Photography School

Learn, create, and be inspired. Join hands-on sessions happening every day at the Apple Store. Find Today at Apple sessions near you.

Videos are great but photos are dull and much darker. No vibrant colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.