Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blade Runner 2049 Plays in iTunes but not Apple TV

Is there any way I can figure out why a movie won't play on an Apple TV 4K (connected directly via HDMI to a 4K TV) but plays fine on my 1080p 21:9 monitor playing on the system that has iTunes installed? I'm using family sharing to share it over my network and other movies work fine.

This is an annoying problem and seems completely counter-intuitive because the Apple TV 4K can, in theory, handle higher quality content. I could understand if I was playing a 4K movie on my desktop PC because it has a display that isn't capable of handling that resolution, or if I wasn't directly connecting the HDMI cable to the monitor or something like that.

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 3:35 PM

KepaOnline Said:

"Blade Runner 2049 Plays in iTunes but not Apple TV: The message I see on the Apple TV is 'This content can't be played on this Apple TV.' Like I said, it only happens for this movie."

-------

Report the Problem:

1. Go Here: If you can't stream or watch movies or TV shows from the Apple TV app, iTunes Store, or third-party apps - Apple Support
  2. Scroll Down To: Still need help?
  3. Click: the link: report the problem

Apple will look into this, fixing what need be.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 3:35 PM in response to KepaOnline

KepaOnline Said:

"Blade Runner 2049 Plays in iTunes but not Apple TV: The message I see on the Apple TV is 'This content can't be played on this Apple TV.' Like I said, it only happens for this movie."

-------

Report the Problem:

1. Go Here: If you can't stream or watch movies or TV shows from the Apple TV app, iTunes Store, or third-party apps - Apple Support
  2. Scroll Down To: Still need help?
  3. Click: the link: report the problem

Apple will look into this, fixing what need be.

Blade Runner 2049 Plays in iTunes but not Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.