Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 3rd Gen Apple TV not seeing new Movie on iMAC

Hello - I just added a new home movie into iTunes which is a .mov file and it is showing up as a "Home Movie". I can play it in my iTunes however when I go to my Apple TV, and "Computers", I do not see this movie to play. I have not done this in awhile and wondering if my Apple TV (A1427) and iMAC (mid-2011 model) have gotten too old to play nice with each other. I did sign out of my home sharing account on both devices and signed back in using on both iMAC and AppleTV using the 6 digit code method and that worked fine but for whatever reason I cannot get Apple TV to recognize this new home movie I added not my iTunes "Home Video" library. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Trying to surprise my son with a high school graduation video on the big screen tomorrow.

Cheers,

Eric

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 7:27 AM

Eric,

Please ensure Home Sharing is turned on in iTunes and also on your Apple TV. If it is, and you still have a problem. Please do the following in this order:

• Turn off Home Sharing in iTunes
  • Quit iTunes
  • Restart iTunes
  • Re-enable Home Sharing in iTunes
  • Unplug the Apple TV from power for 1 minute
  • Re-plug in the Apple TV and test.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 7:27 AM in response to epie01

Eric,

Please ensure Home Sharing is turned on in iTunes and also on your Apple TV. If it is, and you still have a problem. Please do the following in this order:

• Turn off Home Sharing in iTunes
  • Quit iTunes
  • Restart iTunes
  • Re-enable Home Sharing in iTunes
  • Unplug the Apple TV from power for 1 minute
  • Re-plug in the Apple TV and test.

My 3rd Gen Apple TV not seeing new Movie on iMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.