Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making Data in columns appearing in two places

Does anyone know how to have data from a column in one sheet of numbers appear in a different column . When i make changes to one sheet, I would like the change to appear on the other sheet as well.

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 6:16 AM

Hi cgaulin,

The easiest way to to this is is to type "=" into the cell you want the data in and then click in the cell the data should come from.

Then copy the formula, click the column head (in this case "D" and paste.

2 replies

Feb 17, 2020 12:42 AM in response to cgaulin

Hi c'

Assuming your data is being entered in column C of Table 1 on Sheet 1 of your document, starting at cell C2…

Go to the sheet containing the table where you want the data to appear.

Select the cell in row 2 of the column where you wan the data from C2 of the first table to show, then type = to open the Formula Editor.

Click in the editor to place the insertion point there, then:

• type Sheet 1::Table 1::C2
  • Click the green checkmark to confirm the formula and close the editor.

Now hover the mouse pointer near the bottom edge of the cell containing the formula.

When a yellow circle (the Fill Handle) appears in the middle of the cell's bottom border, use the pointer to grab it and drag down to fill that formula into as many rows as you need.

The formula (a simple cell reference) will be automatically adjusted to match the row in which each copy is placed.

Note that this is a one way street. Changes made to cells in this column of the second table will replace the formula in that cell with the entered data, and will NOT affect the value in the paired cell in the first Table.

Note also that if each table has a name that is distinct from all other tables in the document, Numbers will have no need for the Sheetname in references to cells on tables other than the one containing the formula.

Regards,

Barry

EDIT: Hi Quinn. Apologies for jumping in. Neglected to refresh my subscription page before coming here and noticed your solution just after sending mine.

B.

Making Data in columns appearing in two places

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.