Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation and Sim card problem

I have an iphone XR Max, i updated the phone to ios13.1.2 via itunes and it was a success, but the phone doesn't want to activate. The error is : unable to activate an update is required to activate your iphone. The phone doesn't say anything about the simcard, it shows nothing about the sim card and its like it is searching for simcard for forever whether the sim is inserted or not.

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 10:09 PM

Start here: If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

What’s the history of this iPhone? One you’ve purchased new from Apple or an authorized reseller, or is this a used-equipment purchase and new-to-you?

11 replies

Feb 16, 2020 10:12 PM in response to thakhani176

Your previous posting of this image arrived as I was composing the reply, and I’ve re-edited it and re-posted it.

Here’s the re-re-posting:

Start here: If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

What’s the history of this iPhone? One you’ve purchased new from Apple or an authorized reseller, or is this a used-equipment purchase and new-to-you?

Feb 16, 2020 10:17 PM in response to MrHoffman

There is no other error message that appears except the message that says unable to activate and the the mobile network not working, it just keeps on searching for network (carrier) whether i have a sim card in or not. It will show nothing about the sim card as you can see on the picture. No, the phone is not activation locked and i puchased it from an authorized reseller

Activation and Sim card problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.