Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to edit/delete a contact from icloud

I have few contacts in my icloud which i am not able to delete or edit. These contacts were previously deleted manually from my iphone. But when I login to icloud, i can still see those contacts. When I try to rename or edit these contacts, it says "Couldn't save the changes to XXXX". Your changes to the contact couldn't be saved because it was just updated by another device. I am sure I am not saving my contacts in any other devices other than my personal iphone. Can anyone suggest any options?

Thank you,

Manoranjith

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 12:15 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 27, 2020 3:59 AM in response to Teddy_B

Hi, Thanks for your response.

But my issue is still unresolved. I have my latest version of OS updated in my device, and all my date/time settings are correct as instructed. But still cannot delete few contacts from my icloud. I am facing 6-7 contacts (out of 450 contacts),

If I exclude them and export to vCard, i am succesfull. But if I include them, it fails with above message. I am trying to backup my contacts from iCloud accessing www.icloud.com

Every time when i try to backup, i have to exclude these 6-7 contacts manually, and this is painful.

Thanks

Not able to edit/delete a contact from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.