Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Item cannot be shared while still referencing media on camera

Haven't had this problem for months. When downloading the files from SD card today, it hung up at 99% complete for about 5 minutes, then the download ended. When I started looking at the video in the browser, the end of the video started to disappear. I sent the video to Trash, restarted FCP and attempted to download the video again. This time FCP crashed. I reopened FCP and attempted the download again. This time the download appeared to work. I was able to download the video to the timeline and work with it. Upon completing the timeline edit, I restarted FCP to proceed with copying to DVD. That is when I got the error that I can't share and when I noticed the Quicktime notation was missing and the camera icon was in the upper left corner in the browser video area. QUESTIONS: why did it happen this time? Do I have to start over time line editing again from the beginning? How can the problem be prevented in the future?

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 2:20 PM

Why it happened can be a lot of things, the drives, the media, something that happened during the import.

Did you reset the preferences after the crash? You should always do that holding Option-Command as you start the application.

If the file can be reimported from the camera you don’t have to be reedited.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2020 2:20 PM in response to cameramin

Why it happened can be a lot of things, the drives, the media, something that happened during the import.

Did you reset the preferences after the crash? You should always do that holding Option-Command as you start the application.

If the file can be reimported from the camera you don’t have to be reedited.

Item cannot be shared while still referencing media on camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.