Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 - keep missing calls

I keep missing calls even though my phone is next to me, switched on and with high volume! If I ring myself from my landline or someone rings me from the same room, it rings.

But anyone ringing me otherwise, I just get missed call.

Driving me mad, any suggestions please?

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 1:22 PM

Go to Settings/Phone. Is Silence Unknown Callers enabled? If it is all calls from numbers not in your Contacts will go directly to voicemail.

Also check the settings for Do Not Disturb; if it is enabled all calls except the exceptions that you set will go to voicemail.

Check the Mute switch on the left edge of the phone near the top.

Finally, if you are wearing an Apple watch it will ring rather than the phone when you get a call, unless the phone’s screen is unlocked.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2020 1:22 PM in response to Milliep00

Go to Settings/Phone. Is Silence Unknown Callers enabled? If it is all calls from numbers not in your Contacts will go directly to voicemail.

Also check the settings for Do Not Disturb; if it is enabled all calls except the exceptions that you set will go to voicemail.

Check the Mute switch on the left edge of the phone near the top.

Finally, if you are wearing an Apple watch it will ring rather than the phone when you get a call, unless the phone’s screen is unlocked.

iPhone 7 - keep missing calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.