Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2020 Lacking Sound Quality

Hello all. Today I bought a new 2020 macbook pro 16". It is replacing a mid 2014 MBpro. Has anyone noticed a significant loss in sound quality? I noticed it immediately while streaming a youtube video. The new MBpro's sound is very flat/muffled/less dynamic than my old 2014 MBpro which has quite dynamic sound (by comparison). The apple website touts the sound of the new MBpros as ""the six speaker sound system produces room-filling wide stereo sound like you've never heard from a notebook before". I've heard better and it was from the 2014 MBpro. It's upsetting to pay $2700.00 for a new laptop and immediately notice a decline in quality. Has anyone else noticed this when using the internal speakers?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 9:35 PM

Depending on where you purchased this, you have up to 14-days to return it

..if bought from Apple directly via online or company stores, for full refund..

Sometimes timely action, w/ other venues or options, may offer opportunity to re-think.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 17, 2020 10:13 PM in response to pktnyc

pktnyc Said:

"Macbook Pro 2020 Lacking Sound Quality: [...] I bought a new 2020 macbook pro 16". It is replacing a mid 2014 MBpro.

Has anyone noticed a significant loss in sound quality? I noticed it immediately while streaming a youtube video. The new MBpro's sound is very flat/muffled/less dynamic[...]Has anyone else noticed this when using the internal speakers?"

-------

If Applicable, Take this Back to Apple:

Seems like a faulty device. Did you purchase this directly from Apple? If so, and FWIW, take it back to the store, and see what your options are (particularly for an exchange).

Maybe Consider AppleCare Protection:

FWIW, I purchased an AppleCare Protection with my video-faulty 2017 MBP. Glad I did! ;) So, go here and enter your Serial Number to find out: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Macbook Pro 2020 Lacking Sound Quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.