Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speakers crackling/buzzing noise on MacBook Pro

Hello,

I've had my 2021 MacBook Pro for about 9 months now and recently I noticed the right speaker making a buzzing/crackling sound whenever I try to play music/videos. My MacBook's software is up-to-date, Apple Diagnostics does not say anything, and the issue persists even when I change the sampling rate. Is there another way I can solve this, or will I have to get the speaker replaced? I've also attached an example of the crackling in a video. Thanks everyone.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ORwsV9o8JBI

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 8:15 PM

Mediocrates1208 Said:

"Speakers crackling/buzzing noise on MacBook Pro: Hello, I've had my 2021 MacBook Pro for about 9 months now and recently I noticed the right speaker making a buzzing/crackling sound whenever I try to play music/videos. [...]Is there another way I can solve this, or will I have to get the speaker replaced?[...]"

-------

Thank you for the video.

Troubleshooting Apple Speakers:

Table Vibrations:

Is there anything underneath it that is causing this vibration sound? You Mac might be vibrating.

Why Risk a Faulty Mac?

Rather than fiddle with its settings, see about getting this serviced. It may be a faulty Mac. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty on this. So, here is the Apple Support contact info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • What the Wait?: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much more time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 8:15 PM in response to Mediocrates1208

Mediocrates1208 Said:

"Speakers crackling/buzzing noise on MacBook Pro: Hello, I've had my 2021 MacBook Pro for about 9 months now and recently I noticed the right speaker making a buzzing/crackling sound whenever I try to play music/videos. [...]Is there another way I can solve this, or will I have to get the speaker replaced?[...]"

-------

Thank you for the video.

Troubleshooting Apple Speakers:

Table Vibrations:

Is there anything underneath it that is causing this vibration sound? You Mac might be vibrating.

Why Risk a Faulty Mac?

Rather than fiddle with its settings, see about getting this serviced. It may be a faulty Mac. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty on this. So, here is the Apple Support contact info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • What the Wait?: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much more time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.

Speakers crackling/buzzing noise on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.