Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Videos

What is the best way to share iMovie videos. I back up to iCloud

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 9:13 AM

There are several ways to share movies with others. The one best suited to you would depend upon your purpose.

You can set up a free iCloud mail account and email movies up to 5GB in size. I believe that you could also use iCloud File Sharing (see Finder help menu for instructrions). If the other person's Mac is within 30 feet of yours, and AirDrop is enabled on both Macs, you can use AirDrop to transfer movies from your Mac to the other person's Mac. Then, of course, you can always put the movie onto a Thumb Drive and transfer the Thumb Drive to the other person, by mail or otherwise. There is also a Family Sharing group that you can set up (again, consult the Finder Help menu).

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 9:13 AM in response to aspada1

There are several ways to share movies with others. The one best suited to you would depend upon your purpose.

You can set up a free iCloud mail account and email movies up to 5GB in size. I believe that you could also use iCloud File Sharing (see Finder help menu for instructrions). If the other person's Mac is within 30 feet of yours, and AirDrop is enabled on both Macs, you can use AirDrop to transfer movies from your Mac to the other person's Mac. Then, of course, you can always put the movie onto a Thumb Drive and transfer the Thumb Drive to the other person, by mail or otherwise. There is also a Family Sharing group that you can set up (again, consult the Finder Help menu).

-- Rich

Sharing Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.