can I store videos made with Final Cut Pro on iCloud?

My FCP videos are stored on multiple hard drives - was looking for good alternative for permanent storage. Can I store these videos on iCloud or is amazon a better alternative?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 6:09 AM

Of course you can store FCP videos on iCloud assuming you are subscribed to enough storage space. You get 5GB free. After that you pay monthly for additional storage up to 2TB. Also realize that iCloud is a syncing service that mirrors what you have on your Mac. if you delete a file on your your Mac is it deleted in iCloud. iCloud does not function as a separate storage medium.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2023 6:09 AM in response to jtom30

Of course you can store FCP videos on iCloud assuming you are subscribed to enough storage space. You get 5GB free. After that you pay monthly for additional storage up to 2TB. Also realize that iCloud is a syncing service that mirrors what you have on your Mac. if you delete a file on your your Mac is it deleted in iCloud. iCloud does not function as a separate storage medium.

can I store videos made with Final Cut Pro on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.