Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages not syncing across devices when deleting messages??

When I receive a message in iMessages, it currently shows up and syncs properly on all my devices (iphone and macbook)...which is great.

The issue I'm trying to solve is...when I delete conversations in iMessages on my iPhone or Mac, it doesn't sync to the other device....so I end up having to delete them on each of my individual devices, which is tedious.

So it feels like I'm only partially syncing. New messages sync perfectly fine across my devices....but cleaning up and deleting messages doesn't.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how to remedy.

I'm running most recent versions of all software on mac and iphone.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 9:50 AM

JonD3112 Said:

iMessages not syncing across devices when deleting messages??:[...] The issue I'm trying to solve is...when I delete conversations in iMessages on my iPhone or Mac, it doesn't sync to the other device....so I end up having to delete them on each of my individual devices, which is tedious.[...]

———-

Enable Messages for Synchronization:

• Enable Messages Setting or Preference across each and every device. If deletion synchronizes as it should be, you are all set.

• Use iCloud aa Logout then Log Back In: If not, log out of iCloud and Log Back In, once Messages is enabled across all devices.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 9:50 AM in response to JonD3112

JonD3112 Said:

iMessages not syncing across devices when deleting messages??:[...] The issue I'm trying to solve is...when I delete conversations in iMessages on my iPhone or Mac, it doesn't sync to the other device....so I end up having to delete them on each of my individual devices, which is tedious.[...]

———-

Enable Messages for Synchronization:

• Enable Messages Setting or Preference across each and every device. If deletion synchronizes as it should be, you are all set.

• Use iCloud aa Logout then Log Back In: If not, log out of iCloud and Log Back In, once Messages is enabled across all devices.

iMessages not syncing across devices when deleting messages??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.