Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete messages across all devices on iMessage?

This question was posted a few years back but after filtering through I have yet to find an update from Apple. I have all my devices synced on iMessage, all will send/receive and show conversations, however, when I delete a conversation, this does not sync across the devices; I have to delete conversations on all devices by hand...? I can't stand the idea of wasting an entire day deleting message threads from my MacBook, iPhone, and iPad...the SAME threads on each device.

Any help would be appreciated, it's driving me nuts.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 2:26 PM

I totally agree with this improvement. This is very much needed to improve quality life. It's nice that you are able to receive messages on all your devices, but it's a waste of time to need to delete messages one by one on each device

5 replies

May 21, 2021 10:40 AM in response to chaffee57

Had you read the support document provided, you’d have seen this section:

Here's how it works

Messages in iCloud are updated automatically, so you always have the same view everywhere you use iMessage. When you delete a message, photo, or conversation on one device, it’s removed from all of your devices. And since all of your attachments are stored in iCloud, you can save space on your device.”

How can I delete messages across all devices on iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.