Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 13" Macbook Pro for Graphic Designer

Hi! I'm a graphic Designer on a budget wanting advice on a new 2020 Macbook Pro (specs below) being the best bang for my buck ~ I primarily work with (Adobe Animate, Photoshop & Illustrator) I have Creative Cloud so I have cloud storage. Thank you for any advice you may have!

13-inch MacBook Pro

1.4GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory

128GB SSD storage

Retina display with True Tone

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645

Two Thunderbolt 3 ports

Touch Bar and Touch ID

Backlit Keyboard - US English

Accessory Kit

$1,199.00

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 1:29 PM

I understand you are seeking the best value, but given the purpose you describe I think you'll find 128 GB storage inadequate. Also, the 13" MBP is a significant compromise in performance, primarily due its lack of a dedicated GPU.

Consider this one instead: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FV922LL/A/refurbished-154-inch-macbook-pro-26ghz-6-core-intel-core-i7-with-retina-display-silver

Twice as much storage, twice as much memory, a better, faster CPU and a dedicated GPU. I think you'll be happy with it for a long time.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 1:29 PM in response to IslandGirl_1967

I understand you are seeking the best value, but given the purpose you describe I think you'll find 128 GB storage inadequate. Also, the 13" MBP is a significant compromise in performance, primarily due its lack of a dedicated GPU.

Consider this one instead: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FV922LL/A/refurbished-154-inch-macbook-pro-26ghz-6-core-intel-core-i7-with-retina-display-silver

Twice as much storage, twice as much memory, a better, faster CPU and a dedicated GPU. I think you'll be happy with it for a long time.

2020 13" Macbook Pro for Graphic Designer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.