Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos - "The following could not be imported

Hi everybody, I'm having a difficulty with the photos app on my imac (El Capitan OS).

When I import photos from my iphone to photos, it works fine, but along with the photos are about 80 0.00 time videos. There's no thumbnail image or info.

I've purged my iphone for videos but it just keeps happening.

I get a pop up box saying

"The following files could not be imported(they may be an unrecognized file type or the files may not contain valid data"

This is followed by a list of .mov files for example IMG_2745.MOV

There's also one called IMG_7655.PEG

There's nothing on my iphone, but these things keep coming back every time I import 'legit' photos.

How do I get it to stop!!!!

One other thing, I'm having trouble uploading photos to Facebook, and I think that probelm began at the same time as this one - could there be a connection?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 5:30 PM

Could be, but look at how full both the iPhone and the computer are. Settings -> General shows how many GB are available. View menu -> Show Status Bar in Finder gives you the info on the Mac. If either is over 85% full, you may be running into space issues. .PEG is not a common format for photos.

Check whether the files are are being backed up to iCloud on your Phone simultaneously.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2020 5:30 PM in response to rf4c

Could be, but look at how full both the iPhone and the computer are. Settings -> General shows how many GB are available. View menu -> Show Status Bar in Finder gives you the info on the Mac. If either is over 85% full, you may be running into space issues. .PEG is not a common format for photos.

Check whether the files are are being backed up to iCloud on your Phone simultaneously.

Photos - "The following could not be imported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.