Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import images on Photo app

Hello,

I'm recently rediscovering the Photo app on Mac.

So far so good but today I'm no more able to import several photos (which are in .HEIC format shot from my iPhone 11 Pro updated to the latest iOS version).

I am using macOS Ventura 13.1 on MacBook Air M1 2020.

I'm attaching a screenshot:

Translation of the warning is:

"Unable to import 2 items

Some items can't be added to your photo library because they may be in an unrecognizable file format or the file may contain invalid data."

What can it depend on? There is a solution?

Thank you,

Andrea

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 10:05 AM

See if you can download those two photos to an album on the Desktop using Image Capture. Then try to open them with Preview. If that's successful try importing again to the library.

8 replies

Feb 5, 2023 1:18 PM in response to andreaspinelliart

The Pictures folder should be fine, if there is enough free storage on your Mac.

Have the filenames of both images been exactly identical? I cannot tell this from your screenshot.

Two files with exactly the same name might be causing a problem a problem, when imported in the same import session. have the files been renamed? iPhone image files are usually starting with "IMG...", at least for my older iPhones.

Can't import images on Photo app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.