Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Link or Article ‘To’ Options

With the new iOS, sharing a link or an article in a news app to a person got easier. Almost.

Now I see a list of people to share with, but most sharing is via Messages / text. I rarely share a link or article via a text. I almost always use email and most of the time, that is to my wife.

I end up with a bunch of ‘To:’ shortcuts to people that I have texted once months ago. Sometimes, the first option is email to my wife, but all it takes is one text, and she falls off that list.

I don’t want to share via text. How do I clear those and get the people via email on the shortcut share list that I want to share stuff with?

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 1:34 PM

You can’t customize the share sheet with any options not already showing under More. However, you can leave feedback for Apple.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

4 replies

Feb 19, 2020 7:01 AM in response to Demo

I agree, and always do leave feedback - perhaps because I am stubborn.

Perhaps my biggest complaint is not being able to receive texts on my watch and my phone. If I set it to my watch, I do not receive notifications in my Beats noise cancelling headphones. It was annoying to myself and my wife that she would text me and I did not get the notifications. So I had to take them off the watch.

I post this likely once a month.

And it is inconsistent with other notifications. When I get a phone call, my iMac, iPad, iPhone and watch all make noise. When I have a calendar reminder, it is like being in a clock shop at noon.

But not with texts.

Not all of us work in a cubical in an office all day. And some of us are losing our hearing. How about it Apple?

Rant over.....

Sharing Link or Article ‘To’ Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.