Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying new devices to use in Apple Business Manager

Hi,

I have a question about buying new devices to use them in Apple Business Manager. I know that when you buy device from re-seller you can as them to add new devices to Apple Business Manager.

How does it work with devices bought directly from Apple?

Scenario:

User in my company broke his iPad, he needs new one as soon as possible so he goes to Apple store and buy iPad. He provide our company organisation ID in Apple Business Manager. Device is added to Apple business manager and he can enrol in our company settings.

Do you think it is possible that way?

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 7:09 AM

It is possible to add to Apple Business Manager in store, but there are a lot of caveats, and it can take up to 48 hours. The best course is setting up a business purchasing account (your business rep at your local Apple Store can assist with this), and purchasing through the portal. I can have devices in my hand by 10:30am the next morning if I choose that shipping option. The device is fully enrolled in ABM and ready for my MDM.

An alternative is that I can run over to the Apple Store and then add it to ABM using Apple Configurator 2. (note that this only works for iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS devices at this time).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2020 7:09 AM in response to dzysta

It is possible to add to Apple Business Manager in store, but there are a lot of caveats, and it can take up to 48 hours. The best course is setting up a business purchasing account (your business rep at your local Apple Store can assist with this), and purchasing through the portal. I can have devices in my hand by 10:30am the next morning if I choose that shipping option. The device is fully enrolled in ABM and ready for my MDM.

An alternative is that I can run over to the Apple Store and then add it to ABM using Apple Configurator 2. (note that this only works for iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS devices at this time).

Buying new devices to use in Apple Business Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.