Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging

Does anyone know of a way to make your phone beep at you if the charging is interrupted. If my car charger gets bumped my phone will stop charging and it will drain my battery. If not, Apple can you please make this a feature

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 12:55 PM

You can certainly let Apple know it's a feature you'd like to see:

Product Feedback - Apple

7 replies

Feb 19, 2020 1:10 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

Of course, there is a steady stream of users who complain that their phones beep when they stop charging (which they don’t), so this could end up being quite a brawl.

Indeed! However, I would imagine that it's possible to have it beep only when the physical contact was disrupted, not just when the current was stopped. But, I'd think the utility is limited. If you're not right there (which you would be in a car) or if you simply didn't notice the beep, it wouldn't do much good.

The wireless charger I have by my bed and my car charger both have lights on them. If the device isn't connected, no light.

Feb 19, 2020 1:30 PM in response to Courcoul

Courcoul wrote:

Alas, the iPhones do not deign to do such vulgar (I suppose) and gaudy things.

Well, the Qi charger I use at in my bedroom (Verizon house brand) lights up and stays lit when I put my iPhone on it. The downstairs charger lights up when I put the phone on it to let me know I've got it set in the right spot but then the light goes out. The one I have at work , which was really cheap, has no lights. Mostly I care at home because the screen is dark, and I use the phone as my alarm clock so it would be bad if it went dead overnight.

Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.