Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar first and second alert switch on their own

I click first alert to be 1 hour before my appointment time.

I click second alert to be 2 hours before my appointment time.

the calendar event saves and then own it’s on decides to change my both first and second alert to “alert at time of event”.

even if I make the first alert 2 hours and the second 1 hour, same annoying bug that stuffs my day up.

i have missed many appointments or been very late due to this bug.

I’m at the stage of having to look at my calendar each day and set up an alarm clock for what should be the calendar alerts I should receive from my calendar event.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

iOS 13.3.1

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 7:22 AM

Hey there kenanfrommelbourne,

Thanks for going through those steps. Just to verify, when you tested this with another account, like iCloud, did the issue also occur? If not, remove the Google account from your iPhone, restart, and add the account back. To remove the account, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts, tap the account, and the option to remove the account should be at the bottom. This link can help you add it back:

Set up multiple calendars on iPhone

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2020 7:22 AM in response to kenanfrommelbourne

Thanks for going through those steps. Just to verify, when you tested this with another account, like iCloud, did the issue also occur? If not, remove the Google account from your iPhone, restart, and add the account back. To remove the account, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts, tap the account, and the option to remove the account should be at the bottom. This link can help you add it back:

Take care.

Feb 22, 2020 12:44 PM in response to kenanfrommelbourne

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand alert times for your appointments in Calendar are adjusting unexpectedly. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Go to Settings > General > Date & Time on your iPhone and turn on Set Automatically if it’s not already on. Force close the Calendar app, restart your iPhone and try adjusting the alert time.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Do you use multiple accounts with your Calendar? If so, try using another account and see if the issue continues there. Also, try creating an event in a different calendar and testing as well. This link has more details on this:

Let me know if this helps.

Calendar first and second alert switch on their own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.