Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Even iCloud back up lost!

Since the last IOS 13.3.1 update, all my photos from 2015 until January 2020 have disappeared from my iPhone XR and my iCloud backups!

i activated the iCloud library and it’s very empty! I am desperate and so frustrated. Please somebody helps me.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 3:21 AM

You can try to recover your Photos. The best way is from a computer. On a computer, sign in to iCloud.com using Safari and your Apple ID. Then, click on Photos. Near the left top on your screen you'll see Recently Deleted. Click this tab and you'll see which photos can be recovered. If you select one or more of them, a Recover tab will appear. Click it and the selected photos will be restored to iCloud.

FYI, you can back up your phone on iCloud or a computer. I always backup on a computer because everything on my phone will be backed up and can be restored with virtual certainty. I can't say that about backing up a phone to iCloud. Please see this read About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136 It covers backing up to a computer and to iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2020 3:21 AM in response to FairyFromTahiti

You can try to recover your Photos. The best way is from a computer. On a computer, sign in to iCloud.com using Safari and your Apple ID. Then, click on Photos. Near the left top on your screen you'll see Recently Deleted. Click this tab and you'll see which photos can be recovered. If you select one or more of them, a Recover tab will appear. Click it and the selected photos will be restored to iCloud.

FYI, you can back up your phone on iCloud or a computer. I always backup on a computer because everything on my phone will be backed up and can be restored with virtual certainty. I can't say that about backing up a phone to iCloud. Please see this read About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136 It covers backing up to a computer and to iCloud.

Even iCloud back up lost!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.