Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple news not on my MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.3

Hi

I've recently subscribed ti Apple News on my new iPad and it should be on my Mac but I can't see it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 2:35 PM

First, check it's not just missing from the Dock. In other words, open Finder > Applications and see if it's there along with your other apps. You could also search using Spotlight—click the magnifying glass, top-right of the screen, and type "news". Note it's simply called News, not Apple News. You can drag it into the Dock to keep it there.

If you still can't find it, I guess maybe you deleted it, perhaps a while ago. The recommended way to get it back is to reinstall macOS. This doesn't erase your data. See Reinstall apps that came with your Mac in the macOS User Guide.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2020 2:35 PM in response to spadger007

First, check it's not just missing from the Dock. In other words, open Finder > Applications and see if it's there along with your other apps. You could also search using Spotlight—click the magnifying glass, top-right of the screen, and type "news". Note it's simply called News, not Apple News. You can drag it into the Dock to keep it there.

If you still can't find it, I guess maybe you deleted it, perhaps a while ago. The recommended way to get it back is to reinstall macOS. This doesn't erase your data. See Reinstall apps that came with your Mac in the macOS User Guide.

apple news not on my MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.