Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proof of purchase to unlock device

Hi,

ive recently spoke to someone with apple who advised me to send of my proof of purchase to yourselves to be able to unlock my disabled phone as we did not know our ITunes login details, I have now done this could you tell me how long this will take??

thank you

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 5:03 AM

How did you initially get in contact with Apple Support, and did any if this require you to provide an Apple ID and the associated password? Through a link somewhere here on the Apple web site, or via the list of Apple telephone numbers, or by searching for unlocking in that hive of scum and villainy otherwise known as Google? Because you could well have been in contact with a scammer.

Here is the forgotten-password sequence: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Failing that, there’s: Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - Apple Support

If you are in the account recovery sequence, it will take as long as it takes.

Here’s the Activation Lock sequence:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

Here’s the not-yours sequence:

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

Inferring from your postings, it seems you’re in the account recovery sequence, and not the bypass-Activation-Lock sequence.

But in conclusion, it’ll take as long as it takes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2020 5:03 AM in response to Leahb98

How did you initially get in contact with Apple Support, and did any if this require you to provide an Apple ID and the associated password? Through a link somewhere here on the Apple web site, or via the list of Apple telephone numbers, or by searching for unlocking in that hive of scum and villainy otherwise known as Google? Because you could well have been in contact with a scammer.

Here is the forgotten-password sequence: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Failing that, there’s: Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - Apple Support

If you are in the account recovery sequence, it will take as long as it takes.

Here’s the Activation Lock sequence:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

Here’s the not-yours sequence:

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

Inferring from your postings, it seems you’re in the account recovery sequence, and not the bypass-Activation-Lock sequence.

But in conclusion, it’ll take as long as it takes.

Proof of purchase to unlock device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.