Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color profile on my MacBook broken

My color profile changed and I don't know why, I can't change it in the settings and can't turn on the night shift . And color got more saturated. Thanks in advance

MacBook pro 2017 no touch bar

MacBook

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 2:37 PM

Hello, MoRoW-.

Thanks for getting back to us here in Communities.

From your screenshot it does appear that these certain profiles can't be accessed are from Adobe. Did you install/remove anything from Adobe recently?

What happened in a test user account? Did you still have issues with the color profile?

Also, try resetting your permissions using this link to see if it helps:

Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder

You also mentioned image. For clarity, are you only having troubles with images? Or is it your entire display where the color seems off?

Best regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2020 2:37 PM in response to MoRoW-

Hello, MoRoW-.

Thanks for getting back to us here in Communities.

From your screenshot it does appear that these certain profiles can't be accessed are from Adobe. Did you install/remove anything from Adobe recently?

What happened in a test user account? Did you still have issues with the color profile?

Also, try resetting your permissions using this link to see if it helps:

Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder

You also mentioned image. For clarity, are you only having troubles with images? Or is it your entire display where the color seems off?

Best regards.

Feb 24, 2020 9:07 AM in response to MoRoW-

Hello, MoRoW-.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you can't adjust the color profile on your MacBook Pro. What happens when you try to change it? Do you get any errors?

These articles may also help:

Change your Mac display’s color profile

If your Mac display doesn’t look right

Use color filters on Mac

I would also suggest seeing if you can change these settings in a test user account and safe mode:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

Feb 24, 2020 1:52 PM in response to brenden dv

Hello, thanks for your reply.

When I try to change the color profile-nothing happens, no errors, it just stays the same as it was in all the presets. Booting in safe mode also did nothing, image was still broken.

And color sync's first aid says that some files are locked but I repaired all the permissions for all the folders in it.

Btw sorry for my bad english if it's really bad ;)

Color profile on my MacBook broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.