Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders app keeps scrolling to the top when I am in the middle of adding a reminder

I have a lot of reminders. So I usually have to go to the bottom and add a new reminder in the next line or press the '+' button and add a reminder. However, When i'm in the middle of entering text for a new reminder, the reminder app automatically scrolls to the top. So now I have to scroll down again or type without seeing what I am typing. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I solve this?

Im running MacOS catalina 10.15.3

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 9:25 AM

5 replies

Feb 22, 2020 7:38 AM in response to linux_mac

linux_mac wrote:

I have a lot of reminders. So I usually have to go to the bottom and add a new reminder in the next line or press the '+' button and add a reminder. However, When i'm in the middle of entering text for a new reminder, the reminder app automatically scrolls to the top. So now I have to scroll down again or type without seeing what I am typing. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I solve this?

Im running MacOS catalina 10.15.3

Sounds like a bug in the macOS...

Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Feedback assistant to file bug reports: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/welcome

Mar 2, 2020 4:36 PM in response to linux_mac

So far, this is working for me.

On your Mac:

• Navigate to System Preferences > Apple ID.
  • UNCHECK the iCloud Reminders option.
  • Count to TEN HIPPOPOTAMUS (You must count out-loud, or it won't work!)
  • CHECK the Reminders option.

This should solve the problem. Same sequence if you are encountering this with the Notes app.

Hopefully this works for you!

Reminders app keeps scrolling to the top when I am in the middle of adding a reminder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.