Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting to PowerPoint

Exporting to PowerPoint

I have a new colleague and would like to share my Keynote files with them. They use a PC, so I have to convert to PowerPoint - I know how to do that, however, I have a few hundred files to share. Can I create a keyboard shortcut or an Automator workflow?

Thank you,

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 12:28 PM

Open Automator and see what you can do. You can also search with Google for an Automator app or an AppleScript that can do what you want.

There are many third-party utilities that enable you to create keyboard shortcuts. I use one called Keyboard Maestro that I can recommend.

2 replies

Feb 21, 2020 10:39 PM in response to gadgetgirlie

It's pretty easy to script Keynote to export a presentation into PowerPoint format - just be aware that certain formatting/features may be lost due to functionality differences between the two, but you're already dealing with that.

This script will export the current Keynote presentation to the user's Desktop. Should be easy to expand that to save to any given location, as well as loop through numerous Keynote files - the main issue there is how you want to identify them: this script works on the current frontmost document, but it could be expanded to run as a droplet (drop Keynote files on the script to have them converted), or it could auto-run on a whole folder full of files, or it could prompt for individual presentations - you just need to specify what you want.

tell application "Keynote"

export document 1 as Microsoft PowerPoint to file ((path to desktop as text) & document 1's name & ".pptx" as text)

end tell

Exporting to PowerPoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.