Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search not working anywhere on iPad Pro

My search function stopped working completely, neither regular search (as in settings for example) nor Spotlight. When I key in nothing happens, I don’t get any response or suggestion.

I tried restart, turned on and off all Siri and search options, turned off and on every independent app search option, still nothing. Any suggestion?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 2:41 AM

Try the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018 iPad Pro models.

1. Press and release the volume UP button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume DOWN button.

3. Then, press and hold the Power button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Good Luck!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2020 2:41 AM in response to dannye95

Try the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018 iPad Pro models.

1. Press and release the volume UP button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume DOWN button.

3. Then, press and hold the Power button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Good Luck!

Apr 1, 2020 1:38 PM in response to dannye95

Hi all

I would like to associate my experience to dannye95’s one. I have exactly the same issue which occurred / occurs on both 13.3.1 and on 13.4 iPadOS.

Both search functions in settings and in the home screen may have a completely weird and erratic behavior. They may work as they may not without apparent reason at all! I encountered the issue on 3 different ipad pro 11” 2018 units (2 of mine and 1 of a colleague of mine) with either 13.3.1 or 13.4 s/w.

On my first unit, the issue was such as search function was not recovered at all (even after resetting settings).

It shall be noted that this anomaly occurred quite early after having initialized the iPad as new (not from a backup) and after loading 13.4 s/w in DFU. On my second unit (initialized as new too, not from a backup) the issue is starting to appear but it is erratic so far.

Any other feedback / similar experience?

How can we report this to apple?

Thanks all

Rgds

Emanuele

Search not working anywhere on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.