Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 12 pro max.. Problem with search.

I am not sure if this is a bug in the hardware or latest version of ios 14.2. Whenever I open search...(Down gesture) I can type what I'm looking for (usually an app or setting)...and I will see icons populate the Siri suggestion bar...but I have NO touch control!!! I cannot select anything the search offers me. In fact I cannot tap anything! The only thing i can do is swipe up to Home Screen and remove search.

(Note: the device i chose for this topic was “iPhone 11 pro max” because there is not yet an option for iPhone 12 pro max)

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 3:48 PM

Hey there jeffgreenlee42,

We understand you're unable to select any search results when using the search bar on your iPhone, and we'd be happy to help.

To get started, does this issue occur every time you make a search, or does it occur randomly.

Does the issue occur after restarting your iPhone using the steps shown here: Restart your iPhone

Keep us updated!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 3:48 PM in response to jeffgreenlee42

Hey there jeffgreenlee42,

We understand you're unable to select any search results when using the search bar on your iPhone, and we'd be happy to help.

To get started, does this issue occur every time you make a search, or does it occur randomly.

Does the issue occur after restarting your iPhone using the steps shown here: Restart your iPhone

Keep us updated!

Dec 9, 2020 4:32 PM in response to ryane77

Hello! So This happened on version 14.2... Which is the version I had when I first setup my new Iphone. To answer your question:

1) it was consistent behavior every time

2) Restarting the phone did not resolve the problem

However, this bug appears to have been fixed in the latest IOS update.

It turns out that after I ran the update to 14.2.1 (which appeared for me last weekend, This issue has gone away! The search function works as expected and every touchouble icon works with no issues.

Thank you!

Jeff

New iPhone 12 pro max.. Problem with search.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.