Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant sign out app store and itunes

Can’t sign out of App Store or Itunes

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 4:43 PM

Hi there, Kathie,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I see your post regarding signing out of the iTunes and App Store on your iPhone hasn't gotten a response just yet. Providing some additional information about what's going on may help others in the community find you a solution. Try answering the following questions:

1. What happens when you try?
  2. If you get any error messages, what exactly do they say?
  3. What is the model name and current iOS version installed on your iPhone? Example: iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13.3.1. You can find this information under Settings > General > About.

Have a wonderful day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2020 4:43 PM in response to kathie274

Hi there, Kathie,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I see your post regarding signing out of the iTunes and App Store on your iPhone hasn't gotten a response just yet. Providing some additional information about what's going on may help others in the community find you a solution. Try answering the following questions:

1. What happens when you try?
  2. If you get any error messages, what exactly do they say?
  3. What is the model name and current iOS version installed on your iPhone? Example: iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13.3.1. You can find this information under Settings > General > About.

Have a wonderful day!

Feb 25, 2020 6:41 AM in response to jeremy_v

I have. iPhone 6 Plus. IOS version 12.4.5

When I try to sign out it does show that I selected the sign out by changing gray color. Frequently it will show the sign out screen when I hit the pic that goes there but immediately goes to the screen to sign out which doesn’t work. I had 2 Apple techs in my phone that say it will be ok that it doesn’t sign off. They saw no sign of intrusion. Having been in 2 breeches in past. Capital One and Equifax, I am a little weary about hacking. After those breeched I changed my email and passwords on all sites. That might be the problem here. I changed my password which was different than the one I used to open it. So I think I’m doomed to this unless a future download triggers them to close. I did take out my credit card info. and all my apps have multiple layers of sign on security. Thanks for taking a look at it.

cant sign out app store and itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.