Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen share with a PC HELP!!

Mom has a PC, I have been on a Mac exclusively for years. I am clueless trying to walk her through problems. How can I screen share with a PC? Please make solution simple, I am good not great, and Mom has to understand as well if necessary. :) Thank you

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 7:37 PM

As far as I know, yes, although if you were to set it up for unattended access and reuse compromised passwords then you'd be opening up a potential flaw in your system. I've used it with friends and family occasionally, setting it up so that they only run it when they want my help. In this mode each session has a unique password which they have to tell me before I can join in, and then they close down TeamViewer when we're done.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2020 7:37 PM in response to JJJ-

As far as I know, yes, although if you were to set it up for unattended access and reuse compromised passwords then you'd be opening up a potential flaw in your system. I've used it with friends and family occasionally, setting it up so that they only run it when they want my help. In this mode each session has a unique password which they have to tell me before I can join in, and then they close down TeamViewer when we're done.

tt2

Screen share with a PC HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.