Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t screen sharing

Hello,

can someone help me to solve my problem. I can’t screen sharing my Mac with iPad. I have no idea what should i do.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 6:04 AM

Sidecar is the feature that allows the screen sharing.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210380

http://www.anydesk.com/ offers read only screen sharing of iPads on the Mac when you operate the record mode on a more extensive selection of iPads.

4 replies

Jul 27, 2021 6:16 AM in response to Ricky357

Ricky357 Said:

"Can’t screen sharing: Hello, can someone help me to solve my problem. I can’t screen sharing my Mac with iPad. I have no idea what should i do."

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more.

Jul 27, 2021 7:07 AM in response to TheLittles

And why are you suggesting reinstall the OS? There is no reason why this should be done, unless someone has used some optimizer and has seriously corrupted their system.

Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater, and isolate the reason the problem is happening.

The device may not be supported, or the network connections may not be solid, or logged in.

Jul 27, 2021 7:29 AM in response to a brody

a brody Said:

"And why are you suggesting reinstall the OS? There is no reason why this should be done, unless someone has used some optimizer and has seriously corrupted their system."

-------

To Clarify:

Perhaps items have become corrupted or deleted. Reinstalling the macOS, items would be replace or reinstall items back to where they should be.

Can’t screen sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.