Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airports Pro

I recently got a new pair of Airpods Pro at staples and I don't know if they're fake or real

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 5:37 PM

If the AirPods Pro show up correctly (as AirPods Pro) in an iPhone or iPad or Mac connection, then they’re likely real.

Or they’re exemplary counterfeits.

Here are the usual details and usual markings: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support

Check your AirPods Pro serial number against Apple: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

The serial numbers should also match what’s in Settings > Genera` > About on iOS and iPadOS, too.

There are videos around that purport to assist with identifying counterfeits, though I’d expect details of the counterfeits to vary.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2020 5:37 PM in response to Applefanlover

If the AirPods Pro show up correctly (as AirPods Pro) in an iPhone or iPad or Mac connection, then they’re likely real.

Or they’re exemplary counterfeits.

Here are the usual details and usual markings: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support

Check your AirPods Pro serial number against Apple: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

The serial numbers should also match what’s in Settings > Genera` > About on iOS and iPadOS, too.

There are videos around that purport to assist with identifying counterfeits, though I’d expect details of the counterfeits to vary.

Airports Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.