Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"your account is not valid for use in" even after I changed the app store country

I changed the iTunes/Appstore country from U.S. to China. But I still can't download apps in the store I changed to. It says "your account is not valid for use in the Chinese store. you must switch to the U.S store before purchasing". Then I changed the region in Setting - General to China as well. But I still can't download. Then in Appstore I signed out and signed in my apple ID. Then the store changed back to U.S.

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 5:34 PM

Do you live in China? Is the credit card tied to your account issued in China? Both must be true if you want to download apps from the App Store in China.

1 reply

"your account is not valid for use in" even after I changed the app store country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.