Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos vanished off phone

I woke up to my phone saying it had completed an iCloud backup. When I went into my photos app later that day my photos and videos had gone from 2000 (optimised) to only 500.

Over 1500 photos and videos disappeared off my phone over night. Apple support told me I must have deleted them or changed my settings.. but I was asleep and the phone was on my bedside table?! Lol they couldn’t explain it at all.

All the photos are on my iCloud Drive but have vanished off the phone and I can’t see a way to get them back besides airdopping one by one and that’s so tedious. I need the photos on my phone for work purposes.

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 5:16 AM

iCloud, often with the help of users (not saying you), has a way of fouling things up with photos. Are your photos stored somewhere other than on iCloud Drive (or did you mean iCloud). Either way, If not, they are not backed up well enough. Wherever they are I would make copies of them and download them to a computer. Please see this Apple document Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204055

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2020 5:16 AM in response to Issy999

iCloud, often with the help of users (not saying you), has a way of fouling things up with photos. Are your photos stored somewhere other than on iCloud Drive (or did you mean iCloud). Either way, If not, they are not backed up well enough. Wherever they are I would make copies of them and download them to a computer. Please see this Apple document Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204055

iCloud photos vanished off phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.