Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reduce Activity History space on Apple Watch?

My Activity app takes up the most storage space on my Apple Watch (85MB). Since my activity history synchs to my iPhone, I do not see a reason to have much history accumulate on my watch. Is there a way to limit how much Activity app history accumulates on my watch? And if not, is there a way to clear it without losing the history on my iPhone's Activity / Health apps?

(It seems like all the tips on-line address Music, Photo, Messages space, but I have yet to find a good tip on Activity.)

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 10:30 AM

Apple Support (chat) recommended me unpairing my Watch and then pairing it again.

Watch App (iPhone) -> Choose Watch -> (i)nfo link -> Unpair

This makes a backup to the iPhone and restores when pairing again. It cleans out a lot of legacy cached data in the process. I went from 400MB available space to 3GB available space. The activity usage went from 85MB to 30Mb.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2020 10:30 AM in response to Charlie Fishback

Apple Support (chat) recommended me unpairing my Watch and then pairing it again.

Watch App (iPhone) -> Choose Watch -> (i)nfo link -> Unpair

This makes a backup to the iPhone and restores when pairing again. It cleans out a lot of legacy cached data in the process. I went from 400MB available space to 3GB available space. The activity usage went from 85MB to 30Mb.

How do I reduce Activity History space on Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.