Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps restarting when I turn it off

How can I fix this? I tried deep restoring it using iTunes on a pc but it keeps happening

iPhone 7, iOS 10

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 2:33 AM

no Am not shutting it down I just turn it off like normal by hitting the side power button once then after I left it for 2-3mins it starts to show the Apple logo”restarted it self”

6 replies

Feb 25, 2020 8:17 AM in response to Camelon

Well, either iOS is corrupt or your phone has a hardware problem. So the first step is to reinstall iOS—>Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support. If that fixes it before you restore your backup then it’s software. If that doesn’t fix it make a Genius Bar appointment to have the hardware checked out—>Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Try restoring your backup—>Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support. If the problem re-occurs restore to factory settings again and don’t restore a backup.

Feb 24, 2020 2:45 AM in response to Camelon

What you do is you put the screen to sleep; your iPhone is still on. Depending of what iPhone model you have you can then wake the screen by againpressing the sleep/wake button, tapioca the screen, raising up the screen.

You can turn off raise to wake (Settings > Display & Brightness) and tap to wake (Settings > Accessibly > Touch).

IF you really want to turn off your iPhone fully, see steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/iphone/iph841379c3d/ios

iPhone keeps restarting when I turn it off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.