Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to edit the wireless clients connected to my airport extreme wifi router. i can do this in my D-link router.

how to edit the wireless clients connected to my airport extreme wifi router. i can do this in my D-link router.

I'm able to see the connected devices but can't remove them.

please help.

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 11:01 PM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2020 2:32 AM in response to yasser05

There is a filter system on the airport routers.

Go to Network and enable access control.

By default everything is unlimited access. Click the plus + control at the bottom and create a new filter.

You can put the MAC address of the wireless clients you do not wish connected into this filter.

And set either a timed access or no access.

Only wireless clients were included so it is really in the wrong place and should be under wireless.

It is also primitive.. Apple routers never had more controls than you can number on one hand.. built by geniuses for idiots.. Apple's motto.

There are lots of posts about it in the past that have strangely disappeared.. I guess people have finally moved to more functional routers if they have kids who need controlling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btfZYLiMb2M

Feb 24, 2020 12:25 PM in response to yasser05

how to edit the wireless clients connected to my airport extreme wifi router.

Not sure what you mean by "edit", but if you are asking about the name of the wireless client that appears in AirPort Utility, you cannot change this, nor can you remove a wireless client once it is connected. The wireless client might appear using its device name, IP Address, or MAC Address.

Luck of the draw as to what might appear.

If you are asking about creating "rules" that will allow a certain WiFi to connect to the network at the times that you specify, then LaPastenague has you covered on that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.