Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Notes - Issue with Chrome Links Formatting

Hi,

If you copy links from the Omnibox - the address bar from Chrome into the Notes app you would get various of glitches with the formatting of the text around it.

Doesn't happen with Safari, happens only with Chrome.

See the video.

https://youtu.be/5IBcXzQtJho

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 3:17 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 24, 2020 3:32 AM in response to dialabrain

The bug doesn't happen in Chrome, the bug happens in Notes after copying links from the most used browser on the market.

The problem is because Apple Notes doesn't properly handles the clipboard text and the formatting. Apple Notes should be able to handle copied links from any application from the operating system without having such glitches.

It's an Apple's problem, not a Google's problem!

Feb 24, 2020 4:23 AM in response to dialabrain

It’s a clear issue with the HTML formatting inside Notes, why do you disagree? The note taking software should be able to handle links that are being copied from everywhere, including the most popular browser.

Feb 24, 2020 4:36 AM in response to Community User

I already explained.

FWIW, I did an experiment with the Brave browser which is also Chromium-based. If I copy a URL and paste it into Notes, I get the issue you described. However, if I paste the same URL into TextEdit first, then copy that, it pastes into Notes with no issue. It appears Chromium-based browsers are adding one or more invisible characters that are stripped out once pasted into TextEdit.

It may be an issue with all Chromium-based browsers, i.e. Chrome, Brave, Vivaldi, Edge, Opera, etc.

Nothing anyone here can do to change that.

Feb 24, 2020 5:04 AM in response to dialabrain

I already did informed about more than a dozen of bugs without your link. On places like MacRumors and 9to5mac you can see plenty of comments. Mail is the worst one.

Apple called me twice this year and we end up speaking for half an hour.

This thread is about giving more voice of the negligence they do with their software as of late.

MacOS Notes - Issue with Chrome Links Formatting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.