Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut to join a wifi network at a particular location

HI there,

I'd like to know if there is a way to create an automation within shortcuts where your phone/iPad automatically joins a Wifi network. I have prioritized my network when I'm home, but I also have wi-fi connection in my car for my Nexar. I'd like my phone to automatically connect to the Nexar wifi when CarPlay launches.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 3:58 PM

I appreciate your answer, but in the network section, shortcuts only allows you to turn wifi on or find out what network you're on/ connected. It does not have an option to select a particular network. Is there a way to script that?

2 replies

Feb 26, 2020 3:45 PM in response to markinspo

Hello markinspo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to create a shortcut to connect to a particular Wi-Fi network when CarPlay connects. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

Take a look at the steps here for using the Shortcuts app: Use the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad.

You can find more details here: Shortcuts User Guide. Specifically check out the "Create a new personal automation" section.

You may be able to create this shortcut using these steps:

1. Open the Shortcuts App.
  2. Tap on Automation.
  3. Create Personal Automation.
  4. Tap on Car Play > select "Connects" > Next.
  5. Add Action
  6. Tap Scripting.
  7. Scroll to Network section to select the correct option.

Take care.

Shortcut to join a wifi network at a particular location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.