Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR won't synchronize photos via new iTunes in Finder

Hello everybody,

I have an iPhone XR which I bought in September 2019 and an iMac which I've had since like 2012 or so. I have big problems to get photos from my external hard drive synchronized onto my iPhone using the Finder.

It will show me the turning arrows for hours without anything happening.

I have tried to restart both devices and I have tried a different account, nothing seems to work.

iCloud is not an option as I like to transfer my pictures from the phone onto the external hard drive in specific folders.

I hope someone here can help me.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 9:03 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 26, 2020 6:45 AM in response to SravanKrA

Well I am trying to get them onto my phone not back onto my computer.

so I use Image Capture to transfer pictures and videos from my iPhone onto my external harddrive and then want to use the finder (since itunes doesn’t exist anymore) to sync them back onto my iPhone without using so much storage and no videos.

when I plug my iPhone into the computer and start the sync the Circle that Shows you Progress of the process will show up and fill up quickly. Then it turns into two spinning arrows and nothing will actually happen except for the backup.

but nothing gets transferred.

iPhone XR won't synchronize photos via new iTunes in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.