Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no longer allows import of photos from iphone, also forces sync

Attached iphone 11 with ios 15.4 to Macbook running osX 12.3.1 via USB connector. Expected to be able to import photos; no such option exists anymore.

Went to Finder to ensure iphone was connected = yes.

When clicked on iphone in left side of folders etc., it started Syncing phone to Macbook --- sync NOT wanted at all. I want to keep phone & macbook separate except for what I manually transfer. Also dislike icloud.

Looking in help only found a way to turn off automatic sync, but it had already done a minute or so of that. No undo option seems to exist.

Unsure how to get photos to macbook, nor how to undo sync.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 11:44 AM

How can the sync that already partly happened be undone?

It seems impossible, but I'm not sure.

Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected is here always uncheck.

How can photos be imported from iphone to Macbook? -- option doesn't exist in menu anymore.

See this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

See also this Apple article: Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac

Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 11:44 AM in response to t3w

How can the sync that already partly happened be undone?

It seems impossible, but I'm not sure.

Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected is here always uncheck.

How can photos be imported from iphone to Macbook? -- option doesn't exist in menu anymore.

See this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

See also this Apple article: Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac

Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

no longer allows import of photos from iphone, also forces sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.