Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong iPhone online location

Some online retailers automatically provide a “local” physical store location supposedly near me, but my iPhone has never been in Ohio, and only rarely in Washington DC but that’s where but two websites place me. I’m in Delaware and occasionally Philadelphia appears, but it’s only 25 miles away so it’s a bit closer than Ohio. I’m not on VPN, as another responder queried to a similar question, and my Location Services have the correct settings, the “local” icon in Maps is correct, and settings are correct in Find My... This is an annoyance. Any thoughts?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 8:05 AM

Do you have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on all the time? That is required for accurate location targeting.

If it is only two websites they may be getting your location from your network provider’s Internet IP point of presence rather than the location data provided by your phone’s location services. Does it locate you correctly when you open a mapping app (Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, etc)?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2020 8:05 AM in response to Walmo

Do you have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on all the time? That is required for accurate location targeting.

If it is only two websites they may be getting your location from your network provider’s Internet IP point of presence rather than the location data provided by your phone’s location services. Does it locate you correctly when you open a mapping app (Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, etc)?

Wrong iPhone online location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.