Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My magic mouse2 has begun to scroll in a jerky fashion instead of the smooth fashion previously. What can I do?

iMac 2019 Running Mojave. By jerky I mean there is a 1 second pause after I click on an object and move the mouse.

I have tried various surfaces and a Magic mouse 1 with the same results.

I have reviewed the forum but none of the suggestions help.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:40 AM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

The following may also be applicable: If your pointer is jumpy when you use a trackpad, Magic Trackpad, or Magic Mouse

8 replies

Mar 5, 2020 3:11 PM in response to nealt2

If the identical behavior occurs in Safe Mode it generally means it's hardware-related. The easiest thing to do that would advance troubleshooting would be to substitute another mouse.

Literally any USB mouse will work. If you must buy one, they're very inexpensive. I have tried and failed to give away these brand new Logitech mice for free, so don't spend much on one. There are similar ones on that page for about $6.

My magic mouse2 has begun to scroll in a jerky fashion instead of the smooth fashion previously. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.