Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV login

I just subscribed to Apple TV thru my work. Can I change ONLY my apple tv password without using my apple id password? My family wants to watch apple tv at home, but I don't want to give them my regular apple id password to login. (I didn't know that subscribing to apple tv would use your main apple id password.)

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:49 AM

Your subscription is with a specific Apple ID account. That one subscription for you is not available to other accounts (except Family Sharing, see below). That subscription is not transferable. Each Apple ID account has its own password. You shouldn’t share your account, nor your password with anyone.

Depending on how this “thru your work” is organized, you may or may not be able to set up Family Sharing. Alternatively, you could unsubscribe from the inconvenient account and re-subscribe on your ‘home account’, and then apply Family Sharing. You may forfeit the trial period by changing accounts.

Using Family Sharing, each registered family group member can access the Apple TV+ subscription on their own account, with just one subscription for the group. Not all subscriptions support this type of sharing, but Apple TV+ does.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2020 9:49 AM in response to jzlewco

Your subscription is with a specific Apple ID account. That one subscription for you is not available to other accounts (except Family Sharing, see below). That subscription is not transferable. Each Apple ID account has its own password. You shouldn’t share your account, nor your password with anyone.

Depending on how this “thru your work” is organized, you may or may not be able to set up Family Sharing. Alternatively, you could unsubscribe from the inconvenient account and re-subscribe on your ‘home account’, and then apply Family Sharing. You may forfeit the trial period by changing accounts.

Using Family Sharing, each registered family group member can access the Apple TV+ subscription on their own account, with just one subscription for the group. Not all subscriptions support this type of sharing, but Apple TV+ does.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Apple TV login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.