Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave 10.14.6 ERROR_7E7AEE96CA on an iMac Pro (late 2017)

Unable to install the security update 10.14.6: at the end of process, the error ERROR_7E7AEE96CA appears and I need to restart.

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:47 PM

9 replies

Feb 28, 2020 4:07 AM in response to anthos60

Hi,

I've managed to fix this Mojave Update 10.14.4->10.14.16 issue. First I visited the Apple Downloads page here: https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos searched for Mojave and clicked on the link Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update (if that link disappears in the future try searching for Mojave Combo Update). You download that and install it. I had to clear a good chunk of disk-space to get it to install. Then after installing and rebooting another system update appears in the System Update which took about 30 minutes, but now everything is working again OK with no updates showing (ok, there's one update and that's for Catalina).

I might consider upgrading to Catalina again but I had graphics issues on my [recently purchased] MacBook Pro (momentary white diagonal stripes particularly watching films, some apps like games in full screen would not work properly) and also I cannot live without the Dashboard. I think it was really dumb of Apple to kill it off without any possibility of getting it back. I've spent a while configuring really useful widgets in there like the conversion tool, calculator, film info, calendar, time, dictionaries etc etc. Why should I lose all that? Google did the same thing a while ago with the Google Desktop project (remember that?)

I'm not seeing that issue with Safari on Mojave.

Best wishes,

David.

Mar 1, 2020 1:06 AM in response to anthos60

Have you tried resetting Safari?

• Click on “Safari” located in the menu bar in the top left hand corner of the screen
  • Click on “Reset Safari...”
  • Place a checkmark beside all available options
  • Press the “Reset” button
  • Click on the Hard Drive icon located on the desktop
  • Browse to “Users > (Users Home) > Library > Safari folder”
  • Drag every file except “Bookmarks.plist” into the Trash
  • Browse to “User > (Users Home) > Library > Preferences”
  • Locate “com.apple.Safari.plist”, “com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist” and “com.apple.internetconfig.plist” and drag them to the trash. NOTE: If “com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist” does not exist, ignore it and just trash the other two files
  • Restart Safari

Mojave 10.14.6 ERROR_7E7AEE96CA on an iMac Pro (late 2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.