Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for Windows 10 S

Operating System: Windows 10 S Mode

Have downloaded the iCloud for Windows app using the Windows Store link (not direct link downloaded from the iCloud website), have installed the app and logged into the icloud and everything is syncing away and working. However, when I click on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks checkbox and click Apply, I am shown the following message:

I followed the steps as shown in the image and there is a little tick that appears after you have run the repair on iCloud. I then close the iCloud for Windows screen and double click on the icloud icon near the clock and try again and the same thing happens as above.

Is this because it's Windows 10 S and it's locked down? I have seen you can opt out and upgrade to version Windows 10 without S mode? I just wanted to check if it's this that's causing the problem or iCloud app itself that is at fault here or do I have to do anything to make it work? Do I have to do anything with Outlook beforehand?

Have also downloaded and re-install Icloud for Windows again and the same thing happens. (Right click run as administrator)

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 10:04 AM

Many thanks for the reply. I have entered all the possible email addresses I know. I have managed to setup the iCloud for Windows on my laptop as I remembered what the email was (after many attempts).

2 replies

Feb 29, 2020 11:22 AM in response to cjn336

Hello, cjn336!

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are having trouble accessing iCloud on Windows. I am here to help.

In this case, I would like to have you try this great resource to Get help using iCloud for Windows.

If that doesn't help at all, you can explore the option you mentioned in trying another version of Windows to see if it works since you have already re-installed iCloud and the issue persists.

I hope this helps and you have a great day.

Cheers!

iCloud for Windows 10 S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.